What we Believe
GCC Mission Statement
Our call is to share the love of Jesus with all people, no matter what their background may be. We passionately believe that our Heavenly Father’s love revealed through His Son Jesus Christ, is for all people, rich or poor, old or young, no matter what their level of understanding. We believe Jesus’ love is for all people.
It is our sincere desire that Grace Community Church be a place where God’s love is experienced and where anyone can come, be accepted, be safe and be loved, a place where they will hear, see and experience a God who loves them.
Statement of Faith
We believe the teachings of Christianity, as revealed in the Bible.
These include as a summary:
1. There is only one God, who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God is in control. He created the world, has shown us what He is like, he has a plan to save us, and will one day judge everyone.
2. The Bible is God's word to us. It is the final Word in all matters of behaviour and belief. Jesus Christ is God, but is also a real human; He was born of a virgin, died on the cross, He physically came back to life, and now reigns in heaven and earth.
3. Everyone is a sinner; it's sadly part of our fallen nature. The punishment for sin is death and eternal separation from God, His people and His love.
4. We can be forgiven and freed from the guilt, punishment and power of the wrong things we do, but only because of Jesus' death. Jesus was being punished instead of us, so our wrong has been completely dealt with.
5. We do no deserve God's forgiveness. And not only does God forgive us for everything, but He looks on us as being perfect, (Justified) just as Jesus was perfect. All this is obtained only by faith.
6. God does this through the Holy Spirit acting in people's lives, turning them away from wrong and towards God, and giving them faith in Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit lives in Christians, changing them so that they live more like Jesus, enabling them to live for Jesus in this world.
7. The Church is not a building or an organisation but is made up of all true Christians throughout the world. Jesus is present in the world today through the Church.
8. Jesus will one day return. He will judge everyone, rightly punishing those who have rejected God's offer of forgiveness, and welcoming Christians into everlasting glory.